About Me

My photo
traditional animatior. Also character designer and storyboard artist.

Friday, April 12, 2013

What else to lose?

I really used to be concerned about people stealing creative ideas but now at this particular point in my life I really don't care. Better someone get inspired from one almost good ides rather than a million ideas dying with me. So this is a character concept from my Arrow comic named Alisha. I was to either to lazy to draw a shirt or she was just too cool for one. Your choice. And despite that last picture half (or completely) naked women are not my only concern. Whe... No not going to clarify that. 
On the thought of restriction... 
    Why is "restraint" such a relative thing? If exercised on emotions, consumption, thoughts it is a sign of maturity and cleverness. However this same "restraint" can be seen by others as weakness, opportunity or spinelessness(that is a lot of "s"). This fine line is where we determine if others are judged as reckless, calm, impatient, testy, timid and repressed. I find this interesting because everyone has a threshold of what they can take before pushed past their line where they no long restrain themselves. Not only for themselves but how far they will allow specific people in their own lives push and bend that line. For something that can be the difference ordinary and complete insanity it is a very flexible thing. 
   Or is it? More rigid people may 'snap' more often, but would that keep people from invading deep in to their social comfort zone? That would allow flexible people to be pushed closer to the limits of their own social limitations. This is all a ranting theory however but the thought made me think about how relative our tolerance of each other and our relationships really are.          

No comments: