About Me

My photo
traditional animatior. Also character designer and storyboard artist.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Luv

      Reading through some of my old journals and sketchbooks. Looks like the younger me was brash, wild but wiser when it came to judging peoples character. Old sketches are terrible but impart their own wisdom as well. Well I like to believe the sketches had wisdom and the writings were just pysco-babble. An excerpt of an old writing:

       Love...not as much an illogical emotion as much as it is a imaginary concept attached to an overwhelming desire. Inevitably only ending in not only pain but dragging us through every other actual emotion  belonging to both the positive and negative sides; Passion, hate, jealousy, sympathy, anger each of which inhibit ones better judgment in every conceivable way. We do and allow people to do to us things we'd never tolerate, or would imagine ourselves ever doing. I believe it is the furthest point in which we can allow a person to invade our minds and while our perception is destroyed and warped so does our theory of what love is. Stockholm syndrome, abusive relationships, cheating, becoming a slave, or even supporting people who would never support you.-

    I'm going to stop there. Not for lack of content, but if you thought I ramble now you should have seen the old me. Or at least stayed up all hearing the thoughts. Or not. I have a picture I call purple muck. Not as much of a drawing anymore... Maybe when I spend less time reading depressing stuff I'll come back and finish it.   


No comments: